Lyell Mt-Read Business Center: A Brief History
Lyell Mt-Read Business Center began its life as the Clapp Baby Food Division in around 1924. Harold H. Clapp and his wife Anna created the first canned baby food in the U.S in 1921.
American Home Products purchased the Clapp company in 1939, keeping production at the large plant on Mt. Read Boulevard in the city. During the 1940’s, the baby foods were heavily promoted in magazine and newspaper ads, touting the foods as “okayed by doctors and babies.”
Today the property is home to valued Tenant’s such as ABC Supply, Maven Technologies, The Juice Factory and Magna Products.